Pembroke

 

The Museum Building
116 Center Street
Pembroke, MA  02359
781-293-9083

Pembroke Historical Society

The Museum Building (c. 1847) is comprised of two former one-room school buildings. The former Bryantville School, built in 1847, was donated by Marcus L. Urann and moved to the site in 1952. The former “Cedar Swamp Schools” was donated by Mrs. Oliver Amos and moved to the site in 1968. As part of the nation’s 1976 Bicentennial celebration, a Tool Museum was established in the lower level of the Museum Building.

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoRSS-Logo
Pembroke Museum Building

loading map - please wait...

Pembroke Museum Building 42.072800, -70.807100

 

 


 

The Adah F. Hall House 
52 Barker Street (Rte. 14)
Pembroke, MA  02359

Pembroke Historical Society

(c. 1685), located on Barker Street is one of the oldest dwellings in Pembroke. It stands on part of a large grant which Myles Standish gave to Robert Barker, the town’s first settler. The structure was deeded to the Historical Society in 1968 as a memorial to its former owner and occupant. 

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoRSS-Logo
Adah Hall House, Pembroke

loading map - please wait...

Adah Hall House, Pembroke 42.087400, -70.791200

 


The Friends Quaker Meeting House
70 Washington Street (Routes 139/53)
Pembroke, MA 02359

Pembroke Historical Society

(c.1706) is located at Routes 139 and 53. The interior is divided in half, with women sitting on one side and men on the other. In the 18th and 19th centuries, many leading citizens were Quakers. Among the oldest Quaker sites in America, the structure was deeded to the Historical Society in 1973.

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoRSS-Logo
The Friends Quaker Meeting House

loading map - please wait...

The Friends Quaker Meeting House 42.063900, -70.773800
Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.