Pembroke

 

The Museum Building
116 Center Street
Pembroke, MA  02359
781-293-9083

Pembroke Historical Society

The Museum Building (c. 1847) is comprised of two former one-room school buildings. The former Bryantville School, built in 1847, was donated by Marcus L. Urann and moved to the site in 1952. The former “Cedar Swamp Schools” was donated by Mrs. Oliver Amos and moved to the site in 1968. As part of the nation’s 1976 Bicentennial celebration, a Tool Museum was established in the lower level of the Museum Building.

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoRSS-Logo
Pembroke Museum Building

loading map - please wait...

Pembroke Museum Building 42.072800, -70.807100

 

 


 

The Adah F. Hall House 
52 Barker Street (Rte. 14)
Pembroke, MA  02359

Pembroke Historical Society

(c. 1685), located on Barker Street is one of the oldest dwellings in Pembroke. It stands on part of a large grant which Myles Standish gave to Robert Barker, the town’s first settler. The structure was deeded to the Historical Society in 1968 as a memorial to its former owner and occupant. 

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoRSS-Logo
Adah Hall House, Pembroke

loading map - please wait...

Adah Hall House, Pembroke 42.087400, -70.791200

 


The Friends Quaker Meeting House
70 Washington Street (Routes 139/53)
Pembroke, MA 02359

Pembroke Historical Society

(c.1706) is located at Routes 139 and 53. The interior is divided in half, with women sitting on one side and men on the other. In the 18th and 19th centuries, many leading citizens were Quakers. Among the oldest Quaker sites in America, the structure was deeded to the Historical Society in 1973.

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoRSS-Logo
The Friends Quaker Meeting House

loading map - please wait...

The Friends Quaker Meeting House 42.063900, -70.773800

Scituate

The Scituate Historical Society administers 13 buildings on behalf of the Town of Scituate and for its own programs. The oldest Lighthouse complex in the United States is Scituate Light found on Cedar Point. The best disguised water tower in the United States is the inspiring Lawson Tower found in Scituate Center. Possibly the oldest stone mill is the ageless Stockbridge Grist Mill found in Greenbush.

Each of these sites and 10 others are maintained by the Scituate Historical Society. Open house days occur throughout the late spring and into the fall. The Kathleen Laidlaw Center or Little Red Schoolhouse on Cudworth Road serves as the headquarters for these efforts. Open from 10:00 to 4:00 Monday through Saturday, the Schoolhouse holds the Society archives, a genealogical library, and other sources for historical research. The phone number is 781-545-1083.

Each weekend across the year, guests are welcomed at the Maritime and Irish Mossing Museum on the Driftway. The hours there are 1:00 to 4:00 Sunday. In the summer hours are added on Saturday. Stories of shipwrecks, storms, the Massachusetts Humane Society, Irish mossing, shipbuilding, and Minot’s Light can be found there.

The Scituate Historical Society also offers the Grand Army Hall on Country Way for rent to those in need of a beautiful space for small and mid size groups. The oldest public building in Scituate, the GAR Hall is air conditioned, has a fine caterer’s kitchen, handicap access, and a small stage. More information on renting the hall can be had by calling 781-544-0109 or by visiting www.scituatehistoricalsociety.org.

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoRSS-Logo
GAR Hall

loading map - please wait...

GAR Hall 42.198753, -70.759077
icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoRSS-Logo
Scituate Lighthouse

loading map - please wait...

Scituate Lighthouse 42.204756, -70.715817